The Antietam Valley Community Partnership is managed entirely by community members who commit their time and talent to help improve our community—we welcome your interest and participation! There are many ways for you to get involved:
1. VOLUNTEER FOR AN EVENT.
AVCP plans to hold a number of community events throughout the year. We always can use an extra hand (or many!) setting thing up, managing tents or tables, taking pictures, breaking down, cleaning up, etc., etc., etc. You get the idea.
2. JOIN A COMMITTEE.
AVCP manages our initiatives through committees made up of community members just like you. We form an event committee for each event that we plan, as well as a number of standing or as-needed committees for other activities like marketing, communication, special projects and the like. Please get in touch with us if you are interested in helping to plan an event, have an idea for a special project, or want to help in a more organized way.
3. MAKE A DONATION.
We believe that AVCP has the potential to have a positive, meaningful, and lasting impact on the Antietam Valley. We are asking citizens who share our vision of a successful and healthy community in the Antietam Valley to contribute financial resources to help us pursue our mission. Donations large or small are very welcome! Please consider making a financial contribution today by check to: AVCP, 2651 Hill Road, Reading, PA 19606. We plan to also have the ability to receive donations by credit card soon.
4. JOIN THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
AVCP is looking for committed individuals in our community who are willing to serve on the Board of Directors. There are 21 seats on the board, four of which represent the three municipalities in our region as well as the Antietam School District. If you are interested in helping set the direction of our work, and willing to contribute your “time, talent, and treasure” please feel free to attend a board meeting and join us! Board Member selections are made by formal nomination at our meetings—interested individuals should not expect to be nominated until after their first board visit. If you are interested or have questions about the Board, please contact us . Following is a listing of the formal expectations of Members of the Board:
Board Member Expectations and Responsibilities
Board Term: 2 years
- To be willing to work to improve the quality of life in the Antietam Valley.
- To represent the Antietam Valley Community Partnership (AVCP) in a positive manner at all times.
- To work to introduce people in our community to the work of AVCP.
- To attend and participate in meetings of the AVCPBoard of Directors. Currently meetings are scheduled for the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm, and are held in different locations throughout the Antietam Valley. Please contact us for the location of the next meeting.
- To take seriously the responsibility of supervision and oversight of the corporation, including reading and reviewing Meeting minutes, financial reports and other such items.
- To be actively involved in and attend AVCP sponsored community events.
- To make an annual financial contribution to AVCP, and to make a strong and committed effort to encourage others to do the same.
- To support in a positive manner all actions approved by majority vote by the Board of Directors, even when in a minority position on such actions.
- To avoid, as much as is possible, conflicts of interest between the AVCP Board position and personal and business life. Obviously, such conflicts may be unavoidable, and in a case where there is a matter before the board in which such a conflict may appear, Board members will abstain from voting on the matter and disclose the conflict to the Board.